Submission Guidelines for The Reporter
Articles, news, and pictures are all types of submissions that will be considered for publication in either the online and/or print edition of Phi Alpha Delta’s The Reporter. Completed article must be original, well-written and adhere to
the following guidelines.
All submissions are to be sent to the Content Editor of The Reporter: Director of Communications, Cory Freeman, at email@example.com.
Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis to
. If you’d like to submit content for a specific issue, please do so by the following dates.
- Spring Issue: January 31
- Summer Issue: April 30
- Fall Issue: July 30
- Winter Issue: October 31
- 1,000 word limit (1,000 words is a two-page spread, 500 words is one page, 250 words is half a page)
- The subject matter of submitted articles must be appropriate in language and content for the audience
- All article content must be written from a neutral point of view. This allows all views to be represented fairly and without bias
- If submitting with images, please send images as email attachments.
- Regardless of submission style, all articles will post in the same format (Adobe Calson Pro, size 11 pt)
- Use single spacing after punctuation
Article title and author information
- Include an appropriate and informative title for article
- Include the author(s) name, chapter, and officer/P.A.D. leadership position (if applicable)
- Pictures must be submitted electronically as email attachments.
- Accepted file formats: .jpg, .png, .pdf, .tif, .ai
- For print, your photo(s) must be 180 dpi at minimum. For online, photo(s) must be at least 72 dpi.
- Please do not embed images within the body of an email.
- Five (5) image submission limit
Do you have something great to submit for publication? Please fill out this form to submit newsworthy items including promotions, chapter events, career changes, published book, speaking engagements, etc.
Rights & Permissions
- By submitting content you agree to allow Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International to use your submission in all Fraternity publications and media.
- Submitting an article gives Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International the rights to publish and edit your submission. The magazine editor will review all articles and make minor changes for readability, organization, and style prior to publication. If significant edits are needed, the editor will send the revised article back to author for approval.
- The date an article is published will be determined by the editor. Failure to meet the above requirements may result in your submission not being published.
- You must obtain permission to use any copyrighted materials and provide verifiable documentation.