P.A.D. Chapter Operations and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Posted by: Phi Alpha Delta
As we monitor the latest news on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the actions being taken by schools and organizations in response, the Phi Alpha Delta Executive Office is taking proactive measures to ensure the health and safety of our staff, our chapters, and our members.
We know these closures and cancellations will lead to changes for you and your members. Phi Alpha Delta’s goal is always to keep everyone safe and healthy.
While this is not an ideal way to continue chapter activities, it is important for us to give options for our chapters and members. Since we are sure there are many questions about this change and potential implications within your chapter, we’ve compiled a brief list of recommendations and advice (see below). Click here for additional information on P.A.D.’s response to COVID-19.
If you have any other questions not referenced here, or if there is anything the Executive Office can do to assist you, please feel free to contact the Executive Office. We can be reached via email at email@example.com or via phone at 410-347-3118. We are always happy to help.
We are wishing you health, safety, and support during this time.
The Phi Alpha Delta Executive Office
Holding Chapter Events and Meetings: Always follow school guidelines for cancelling or postponing in-person student organization activities. Consider continuing chapter or Executive Board meetings using the following services: Google Hangouts; Skype; WebEx; FreeConferenceCall.com; Zoom; Slack; TWEN; or any school-sponsored student portal.
Initiation Ceremonies and New Member Materials: If you need to reschedule or postpone your initiation ceremony, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. New member materials will be mailed when schools re-open.
Chapter Elections: Normally, chapters will hold elections during the spring semester. If you have already completed elections, great! If not, consider holding online elections through SurveyMonkey or your school’s online portal. Let us know if you would like assistance setting this up.
General Membership Concerns: Regardless of your school’s status, your membership is still for life. We understand that this is an unusual situation and we are here to provide support however possible.
Basic Health Guidance for the P.A.D. Community:
- Please refer to the CDC’s website for official updates and recommendations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- If you are sick, please stay home and rest.
- If you have symptoms that include fever, cough, or shortness of breath, and are unsure if you need medical attention, please contact your personal health provider.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Members with underlying health conditions, who take medicines that suppress their immune system, are 65 or older, or who have other risk factors, and who have cold or flu symptoms should consult with their health provider immediately.