P.A.D.’s Open Membership Policy can be found in section 10.6 of the Fraternity Policy Manual.
P.A.D.’s Anti-Hazing Policy can be found in section 10.2 of the Fraternity Policy Manual.
- Pre-Law Member: Any member of the administration, faculty or any student in good standing at any institution of higher learning where a Pre-Law Chapter of this Fraternity is chartered.
- Law School Member: Any person who is in attendance and in good standing at any law school where a Law Chapter of this Fraternity is chartered.
- Alumni Member: Any person who has been licensed to practice law in, and is in good standing with, any jurisdiction recognized by the International Chapter or by the International Executive Board; any graduate of any law school where a chapter of this fraternity may be chartered, or any duly initiated law school member upon their departure from law school who is not the subject of any disciplinary proceedings resulting in temporary or permanent cessation or denial of his or her license to practice law; and any judge who qualified in any of the preceding categories prior to becoming a judge.
- Honorary Member: Any person who has attained unusual distinction in the legal profession or in the field of law at least a statewide basis shall be eligible for honorary membership. The term “field of law” shall embrace any person elected or appointed to a legislature or engaged in the execution, administration, or enforcement of the law, whether or not such person is a member of the legal profession.
Honorary membership is granted via majority vote by the P.A.D. International Executive Board. Please contact Deputy Director Emily Baranoski if you would like to nominate someone for honorary membership.
- Membership Auxiliary: Any person who is not an attorney, but who is either in a field that would benefit from association with attorneys and law students (including but not limited to paralegals, legal secretaries, court reporters, process servers, investigators, legal publishers, or continuing legal education providers) or who wishes to support the Fraternity and its members shall be eligible to join the Phi Alpha Delta Membership Auxiliary. Click here for more information.