Phi Alpha Delta Online Community Rules & Etiquette
IMPORTANT: ON YOUR FIRST LOGIN, YOU MUST CLICK THE "AGREE" BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO GAIN ACCESS TO MEMBERS-ONLY PAGES!
Thank you for being part of our online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great way to solicit the advice of your P.A.D. brothers and sisters, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions regarding the community should be directed to our Director of Tech Services. Technical questions on association management issues should also be directed to our Director of Tech Services.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the Director of Tech Services. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both courteous and productive dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message. All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name and Chapter.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list". Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your email address under settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
Requests or solicitations for fundraising may only be posted on www.pad.org and its communities' discussion boards if the posted event is one that the individual’s Chapter is participating in directly. Individual requests or solicitations to raise funds for events or charities that are not part of a Chapter’s programming are not acceptable content and will be removed regardless of the intent of the poster.
An individual who is deemed to have posted multiple requests or solicitations that are not in line with this policy may be banned from the discussions at the discretion of the Executive Office of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International.
This site is provided as a service for the members of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International (P.A.D.). P.A.D. is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by P.A.D. or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall P.A.D. be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants P.A.D. and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Monitoring of Postings
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International reserves the right to monitor all postings to its website and community. The website and community are the property of P.A.D. and as a result the Executive Office reserves the right to block or withdraw any postings made by any individuals. The Executive Office maintains the discretion to monitor all postings with the authority from the International Executive Board.
P.A.D. does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of P.A.D., we will take all appropriate action.
P.A.D. reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
If you fail to abide by the above terms, P.A.D. will take the following actions:
- 1st offense: You will receive a verbal warning.
- 2nd offense: You will be suspended from the community for 30 days.
- 3rd offense: You will be removed from the community.
Limitation of Liability
By using this site (list serve), you agree that your use is solely at your own risk. P.A.D. and its board, employees, agents or representatives (herein collectively, P.A.D.) are not liable for direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or other damages or costs, including without limitation, lost profits or data, loss of goodwill, loss of or damage to property, or claims of third parties, arising out of or in connection with the use, copying, or display of this site or its contents, regardless of whether P.A.D. has been advised of the possibility thereof.
Links provided on this site are provided solely as a convenience to you and the provision of any such link does not constitute and an endorsement by P.A.D. of that site or its provider or of any of the content, products, or services contained or offered therein. P.A.D. makes no representation or warranty concerning the accuracy, availability of lawfulness of any linked site.
No Attorney Client Relationship
P.A.D. is not a law firm, thus nothing posted on the site can, or should be, considered legal advice by Phi Alpha Delta staff. The use of any content provided on this site and your provision or submission of any information while using this site will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and P.A.D. Please be aware that any information that you provide by reason of your use of this site is not privileged or confidential.
The content of this site is provided solely for informational purposes: it is not intended as and does not constitute legal advice. The information contained herein should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for consultation with legal, accounting, tax, career and/or other professional advisors.
Site Subject to Discontinuance or Change
All content contained herein is subject to change without notice. P.A.D. reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to your use of this site at any time. Such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions to the shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, but not limited to, posting a notice on this site. Any use of this site after such notice shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions.
Communications with Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
By using or communicating content through the use of this site, you expressly warrant that you are the owner of such material or have the right to use and provide such content and you expressly grant to P.A.D. a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed.