I am looking forward to meeting each of your chapters at our upcoming District Conference which is now only a month away! In preparation please note the below:
1) Pre-Conference Fraternalism - Our District Conference is on August 26th (with a pre-party on the 25th). If your school is hosting a new student orientation/organization fair prior to this date and you would like to invite alumni to join you at your table (and show the 1Ls that P.A.D. has more than any other student organization!) Please let me know the date, time, and location ASAP so I can disseminate to alumni members.
2) Kick off party - The Atlanta Alumni Association is hosting a Pre-Party for our District Conference on August 25th beginning at 6:30pm! This event is sponsored by Peachtree Legal Suites! Soft drinks, wine, beer and light hors d'oeuvres will be available. For More information see our facebook page (Get all the details here) or attached flyer! Please e-mail me by Friday August 18, 2017 at 4:30pm EST who will be attending from your chapter. This way I know I will have food and drink for everyone. An RSVP on facebook will not guarantee admission without first emailing me to put your name(s) on the guest list. One member can send me a list of all attending names if it is easier on your end.
Parking: Park in the garage located at 150 Carnegie Way Atlanta, GA 30303.
1. Park on any level of the garage.
2. Please remember to grab your parking ticket for validation. You will get $5 off complements of Peachtree Legal Suites!
3. Exit the garage.
4. Walk up Ellis Street (towards the Ellis hotel) to Peachtree Street.
5. Make a left on Peachtree Street.
6. You'll see the brown Peachtree Legal Suites blade sign. It will be under the first large digital marquee/billboard - then look for P.A.D. brothers upstairs!
3) District XVII District Conference - this is our district-wide conference to be held in Atlanta, Georgia on August 26th from 8:30am until 3:00pm. More details on this event will be announced on the event's facebook page for more information as it becomes available. Each chapter must send at least one member (preferably an incoming officer) to represent them at this conference. Also - I will be placing this year's agenda and conference handbook on our www.pad.org community page by August 7th - so please let me know if you have difficulty finding or accessing this page (there may even be prizes for finding!) Also note, I will be asking each chapter for a brief presentation on their chapter's history including: Who is your chapter's namesake and what was their contribution to Georgia Law, Your favorite event from last year, the biggest challenge you are facing this year, and who is present from your chapter. Also remember to bring your fall calendars and initiation dates!
Also - we are working with The Headshot Truck to provide professional headshots during this year's District Conference. These packages usually come with a cost of $109, but as a special P.A.D. perk - you re getting $40 for being P.A.D. rockstars! See the flyer for more details and to book your appointment! Appointments are first book-first serve and you can book your appointments here. It will be your choice to sign copies of your headshots for adoring fans.
For the conference things to know:
-Dress is business casual. We will be taking photos that represent our district to the fraternity, so dress like you want all your brothers to "like" us on facebook. This means no shorts, flip flops, etc. You should dress like the job you want in professional settings - and this is a professional setting.
-I will have some light breakfast, lunch and snacks - if anyone has dietary restrictions please let me know ASAP.
-Funding - If you are traveling from outside of Atlanta, we have funding for $50 for every three (3) members attending for up to $150.00. You must let me know no later than Friday August 18, 2017 at 4:30pm EST who will be attending to get this funding. Then the RSVPed members must show up and stay through the conference. I will have checks sent following the conference to each chapter who qualifies.
-Please e-mail me by Monday August 7, 2017 at 4:30pm EST who will be attending from your chapter. This way I know I will have food and drink for everyone. Feel free to invite other members to come learn and get involved - you MUST tell me if they are coming or I will not have food or materials for them and they will get hangry.
-BE PREPARED to give the district your chapter report - meaning some information about your chapter (perhaps who your namesake is), and what goals you have for the upcoming year, your best event last year, and your goals for initiation for this semester. -Also PLEASE BRING YOUR FALL CALENDARS. We will be doing a calendar exercise, and this will be tremendously helpful.
Should you have any follow up questions please let me know!
District Justice - District XVII (Atlanta Alumni & White Chapters)