The District XVII Conference will be held August 25th
from 8:30am until 3:00pm at the Blackburn Conference Center at the John Marshall School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia. More details on this event (including the agenda) will be announced as it becomes available. Each chapter must send at least one member (preferably an incoming officer) to represent them at this conference
I will be asking each chapter for a brief presentation on their chapter's history including: Who is your chapter's namesake and what was their contribution to Georgia Law, Your favorite event from last year, the biggest challenge you are facing this year, and who is present from your chapter. Also remember to bring your fall calendars and initiation dates!
We are working with The Headshot Truck to provide professional headshots during this year's District Conference. These packages usually come with a cost of $99, but as a special P.A.D. perk - you are getting $20 off for being P.A.D. rockstars! See the flyer for more details and to book your appointment! Appointments are first book-first serve and you can book your appointments here. It will be your choice to sign copies of your headshots for adoring fans.
Things to Know for the Conference:
- Dress is business casual. We will be taking photos that represent our district to the fraternity. This means no shorts, flip flops, etc. You should dress like the job you want in professional settings - and this is a professional setting.
- I will have some light breakfast, lunch and snacks - if anyone has dietary restrictions please let me know ASAP.
- Funding - If you are traveling from outside of Atlanta, we have funding for $50 for every three (3) members attending for up to $150.00. You must let me know no later than Friday August 17, 2017 at 4:30pm EST who will be attending to get this funding. Then the RSVPed members must show up and stay through the conference. I will have checks sent following the conference to each chapter who qualifies.
- Please e-mail me by Monday August 13, 2017 at 4:30pm EST who will be attending from your chapter. This way I know I will have food and drink for everyone. Feel free to invite other members to come learn and get involved, but you MUST tell me if they are coming.
- BE PREPARED to give the district your chapter report - meaning some information about your chapter (perhaps who your namesake is), and what goals you have for the upcoming year, your best event last year, and your goals for initiation for this semester.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR FALL CALENDARS. We will be doing a calendar exercise, and this will be tremendously helpful.
Should you have any follow up questions please let me know!
District Justice - District XVII (Atlanta Alumni & White Chapters)