10th Annual P.A.D. Mock Trial Competition
for Law School Chapters
February 23-26, 2017 - Washington, D.C.
The P.A.D. Law School Mock Trial Competition is an annual competition held in late winter in the Washington, D.C. area. This is the competition's 10th anniversary as an official, national, P.A.D. event.
30 teams from P.A.D. law chapters across the country compete for first through fourth place, with additional honors for outstanding defense, prosecution, advocates, and witnesses awarded. The competition is judged by volunteer lawyers and judges (both P.A.D. alumni and non-members). Teams are comprised of four students and all competitors must be P.A.D. members. This competition is for law school chapters only.
We look forward to welcoming our teams to our tenth annual competition in 2017!
- Questions regarding these case materials should be posted to the 2017 Law Mock Trial Community under the “Case Questions” discussion. This includes but is in no way limited to inquiries for clarification as to case law or governing statutes. Discretion will be exercised in deciding which questions, if any, are answered. Coaches and competitors shall not contact the Case Drafter directly with questions or to discuss the case. Questions regarding mock trial procedure, including any questions involving the Rules of Competition or Rules of Evidence, should also be directed to the Executive Office.
- Teams may begin submitting questions at any time. The deadline for submitting questions is February 10, 2017.
A special "thank you" to our sponsor, The Fund for American Studies. Please visit their site for great internship opportunities.
- Registration for teams is CLOSED. To be added to the wait pool, email email@example.com.
- There is a fee of $125 for every additional team member, coach, or faculty. CLICK HERE to register a Guest and/or Coach. There is no deadline to register guests and coaches. We will accept forms all the way up to check in at the competition.
- Registration fees are non-refundable. No exceptions.
- We have started a wait pool for additional teams. To be added to the wait pool, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Online Community
Visit the 2017 Law Mock Trial Competition Community to view additional competition documents when they become available. The Community will be used as the question and answer forum when the 2017 case is released.
We look forward to hosting the Competition in Arlington, VA, a quick metro ride away from Washington, DC!
The Westin Crystal City will be our host hotel.The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from Reagan National Airport and the Metro is right across the street.
If you have any questions, please contact Law Operations Coordinator Emily Baranoski at Emily@pad.org or by calling the Executive Office at 410-347-3118.
- Magruder Chapter - University of Illinois, Champaign, IL - TEAM 1
- Read Chapter - Widener University, Wilmington, DE - TEAM 1
- Halleck Chapter - Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN
- Corliss Chapter - Univ. of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- Terrell Chapter - Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL - TEAM 1
- Sanford Chapter - Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN - TEAM 1
- Frankfurter Chapter - Suffolk University, Boston, MA - TEAM 1
- Story Chapter - DePaul University, Chicago IL - TEAM 1
- Wahl Chapter - Mitchell-Hamline Law, St. Paul, MN - TEAM 1
- Wythe Chapter - William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Madison Chapter - Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI
- Rockefeller Chapter - Albany Law, Albany, NY
- Fletcher Chapter - University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Penn Chapter - Penn State Law, State College, PA
- Magruder Chapter - University of Illinois, Champaign, IL - TEAM 2
- Sanford Chapter - Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN - TEAM 2
- Terrell Chapter - Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL - TEAM 2
- Bedell Chapter - Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL
- Wahl Chapter - Mitchell-Hamline Law, St. Paul, MN - TEAM 2
- Frankfurter Chapter - Suffolk University, Boston, MA - TEAM 2
- Read Chapter - Widener University, Wilmington, DE - TEAM 2
- Story Chapter - DePaul University, Chicago IL - TEAM 2
- Vaught Chapter - Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, OK - TEAM 1
- King Chapter - Villanova Law, Villanova, PA
- Vaught Chapter - Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, OK - TEAM 2
- Starr Chapter - University of Connecticut, Hartford, CT